Thursday, April 23, 2009

Long 15 mile Run through Falmouth with Cathi - then flying home

I set the alarm for 7:30am so Cathi and I could go on a long run. The plan was to run 10 miles. We started off south on Gifford towards the beach and took the same route that we did two days ago, but instead of turning back in at 2.6 we kept going and going. We ended up running all the way to Woods hole which was 50 minutes. My GPS went in and out of satellite connection so the actual miles and time was spotty, but I got enough to track it and enter it into mapmyrun.com for getting actual distance. We ended up running back north on a bike path all the way back up to Brick Kiln Road. Then ran back to the hotel via brick kiln road. It was 2:21 of running. That almost doubles my last Personal Record! I don't think running a half marathon on Memorial Day is going to kill me. The distance was great. I felt like a machine and just kept going and going. I took a buzz bite at mile 6 and I think it gave me enough energy to just keep going. I was always about 10 - 100 yards ahead of Cathi the whole time. I turned around a couple times and ran back to her, so the map doesn't include those times. Here's the map of what we did:


We then hurried to get our bags packed and loaded. We left the hotel at noon to get to the airport. The GPS that Bill got to go with the car when we picked him up sure has been fantastic. It sure beats having to use mine where it doesn't have the voice commands, and also zooms in when needed. I'm thinking about getting one. It was sure nice to have and made navigating around so easy. When we got to the airport we got settled and were sitting at the terminal 3 hours before the flight leaves.

We had such a wonderful time and so stress free. It has been so fun and such a privilege to run in the Boston Marathon and have my wife run it. She did so good and her parents are so kind in giving us this opportunity which we may never have again. So it has been a memorable vacation and one we will always cherish. Thanks Bill and Roceil!

Now back to normal life......

No comments: