Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another relaxing day in Falmouth

Today is my "swim" day. Cathi went running this morning while I went to the office and made use of the free wireless internet to do some blogging and catching up on email, etc. Got back and Cathi had run something like 12 miles again. Then we went to go check out the beach for swimmability. It was even more windy and the waves were even crazier than yesterday. We went to a pond, but found that the beach to get in was privately owned and I wasn't feeling comfortable enough to ignore the no trespassing sign. So I made a few calls and found that there is a 25 yard pool at Sandwich High School which is 12 miles North East. I called and found that the lap time is from 6:30 - 8:30 pm so we planned on going there after dinner.

We went back to the hotel and told Bill and Roceil so we went to dinner a little early. We went to Artie's Cafe. It was a family owned restaurant where the parents and two small kids ran the whole thing. The kids were cute as they were trying to be helpful and take responsibility for serving the customers. I order clam chowder which was even better than the chowder at seafood sams. It was delicious and had lots of clams. The chowder at seafood sams I couldn't even taste one clam in it, but the flavor was good, but at Artie's it was perfect! I also order some Shrimp Alfredo pasta dish. It was a little too much for me, but I hate to waste food, so I ended up eating the whole thing. I was so full afterwards.

Bill, Roceil and Cathi again wanted to get some ice cream, so we stopped at the same "Ben and Bill's Chocolate Emporium" that we went to yesterday. Cathi wanted to buy some chocolates as a thank you for the people watching our kids so we walked across the street to the other chocolate place to compare, but the prices were higher so we went back to Ben and Bill's. Bill and Roceil already got their ice cream so I stayed and got in line to buy Cathi's ice cream while she and Roceil went shopping for sweatshirts down the road. I was in a hurry cause it was getting close to 6pm and I wanted to go swim really bad. So I bought the chocolates, and the ice cream for Cathi and met her just in time for her to come out of the sweatshirt shop loaded with goods.

We then dropped off Bill and Roceil at the hotel. Cathi and I then drove to Sandwich High School to go swim. I probably drove too aggressively and scared Cathi a bit. When we got there there was a sign on the door. "Pool Closed. Power Generator Testing. Sorry for the inconvenience". I was irate! I was really looking forward to a good swim today! Nothing was working out. I was pumped with frustration and negativity that I wanted to hit something. On the way home Cathi noticed a gym so we stopped.

They wanted $10 for me to lift. Whatever. I paid it and had one of the best 2 hour lifting sessions of my life. They had so many machines, and a ton of free weights. It was one of the best gyms I've ever been to. I lifted chest, shoulders and back. I didn't want to do anything legs because the plan is to do a long run with Cathi tomorrow. It was a great workout and I know I'm going to be ultra sore tomorrow.

Cathi made a deal with her Dad. This time instead of being focused on weight loss, it was a "no sweets deal". No ice cream, donuts, cake, pie, brownies, cookies, candy, chocolate, fried foods, etc.. Sugar is OK if added to oatmeal, or rice pudding, but the obvious stuff.

Fell asleep to Karate Kid.

No comments: